Alltankscom - Tanksystems Div... Call Free Today 800 537 9444
Pictures of Tanks, Mixers, Pumps, Systems & Tank Fittings
Underground Fiberglass Tanks
Water Tanks poly tanks are UV resistant, NSF, FDA certified for use in food and drinking water storage
Design & Specs
... Inspections ...
Pumps & Skids
Agitators -Mixer Record
Guide Specifications – Single Wall FRP
The contractor shall provide a fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) underground storage tank as shown on the drawings.
The tank size, fittings and accessories shall be as shown on the drawings. The fiberglass tank shall be provided by AlltanksCom of Houston Texas 800 537 9444
The tank shall be tested and installed according to the AlltanksCom Installation Manual and Operating Guidelines for Single-Wall and Double-Wall Fiberglass Underground Storage Tanks in effect at time of installation.
Note: All Potable Water Storage Tanks must be Steam Cured for a minimum of 36 consecutive hours.
Part I: General
1.01 Quality Assurance
A. Acceptable Manufacturer: AlltanksCom 800 537 9444
B. Governing Standards, as applicable: ASTM
Part II: Products
2.01 Single Wall Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Underground Storage Tanks
A. Loading Conditions – Tank shall meet the following design criteria:
1. Internal Load – Tank certified to pass a maximum 5-psig air-pressure test with 5:1 safety factor. Contractor shall individually test tanks for leakage prior to installation.
2. Vacuum Test – To verify structural integrity, every standard 10'-diameter tank and smaller shall be vacuum tested by the manufacturer at the factory to 11.5" of mercury.
3. Surface Loads – Tank shall withstand surface H-20 axle loads when properly installed according to manufacturer's current Installation Manual and Operating Guidelines.
4. External Hydrostatic Pressure – Tank shall be capable of being buried in ground with 7' of overburden over the top of the tank, the hole fully flooded and a safety factor
of 5:1 against general buckling.
5. Tank shall support accessory equipment – such as heating coils, drop tubes, submersible pumps and ladders – when installed according to tank manufacturer’s current Installation
Manual and Operating Guidelines.
B. Product Storage
1. Tank shall be capable of storing potable drinking water with a specific gravity up to 1.1.
2. Tank shall be vented to atmospheric pressure.
3. Tank shall be capable of storing products identified in the manufacturer’s current standard limited warranty.
1. Tank shall be manufactured with 100% resin and glass-fiber reinforcement. No sand fillers.
A. Optional Anchor Straps
1. Straps shall be FRP anchor straps as supplied by tank manufacturer.
2. Number and location of straps shall be specified in current literature by tank manufacturer.
1. All manways shall be flanged and 22" I.D., complete with UL-listed gaskets, bolts and covers. (30" and 36" I.D. manways are also available on certain larger tanks.)
2. Location is shown on tank drawings.
3. Optional manway extensions shall be FRP and 24" long.
C. Optional Fill Tubes
1. Fill tubes shall be FRP, 4"-diameter, with a 6" x 4" double-tapped reducer bushing, and include a 6" NPT fitting. Tubes shall terminate a minimum of 4" from the bottom of tank (a
minimum of 6" for a 12'-diameter tank).
D. NPT Threaded Fittings
1. All standard threaded fittings shall be half-couplings and shall be 4"- or 6"- diameter. Reducers are to be used for smaller sizes where shown and provided by contractor.
2. Strength – NPT fittings shall withstand a minimum of 150 foot-pounds of torque and 1,000 foot-pounds of bending, both with a 2:1 safety factor.
Part III: Testing and Installation
A. Tank shall be installed according to the AlltanksCom Installation Guidelines for Single-Wall Fiberglass Underground Storage Tanks in effect at time of installation.
B. Contractor shall be trained by the tank manufacturer, the state or other approved agency.
Part IV: Warranty
A. Warranty shall be manufacturer's limited 2 year warranty for single underground water tanks in effect at time of purchase.
Ask for Art Woods
Mail: PO Box 680747 Houston, Texas 77268
Ship: 32926 Tamina - Magnolia, Texas 77354